


I was thinking today how much I loved the pool when I was a kid. We were spoiled rotten, Danny and I, because we had a pool in our backyard since I can remember. We spent zillions of hours with friends and family in that pool. I just remember how much fun we had. It is THE coolest thing to see that love for fun, water and the pool through your kid's eyes. I was a little jealous of her today. She couldn't stop smiling. She loved every bit of it. When we were on the way there she kept saying "pool, pool" and making swimming motions with her arms. When we got there she didn't want to wait in line. She loved splashing mommy, laying on her belly, playing with Anne and Bill Gross and the Quicks and then the Slide..... Oh my goodness! Peggy suggested that I take her to the top and she would catch her at the bottom. I said "All by herself??" I had a knot in my stomach all the way up. She's my baby and the slide looked so big. Well, she doesn't think she's a baby. She LOVED it. Giggled all the way down. She got really good at slowing her self down so she wasn't going too fast. I think we climbed those stairs 20 + times. I was exhausted (still am) but it was so worth it. Thanks Peg for the nudge (she's the mother of 3 :) !!. These smiles tell it all.



No comments:
Post a Comment